#SHOUTINGBACK (EXTENDED VERSION)
The fact that something like this needs to exist is insane. Watch the video, spread the word, and keep your eyes open.
I think it’s time we try to end these problems.
Map of Surveillance Societies around the world
I should probably also update my theme again. Man, the Internet is so much work.
Good news, I re-adjusted my address so that Time With Tom is officially pointing over here. It’s sad to let Wordpress go, but I’ve used it twice since the start of 2012, so it was probably time.
I’m going to be saving all my old posts from over there, so I may end up reposting some of my favorites over here. Possibly. We’ll have to see!
Map of Boston with the original shoreline
I love that like 25% of Boston is just landfill. The entire North End and Back Bay, for instance.
Do you love Science? You fucking should. It’s awesome. Here are some reasons why (with links!)!
- Neanderthals existed over 30,000 years ago. We can map their fucking DNA.
- We even reconstructed what they probably looked like.
- On August 6, 2012, we landed a nuclear powered car-size robot on Mars. Mars. And everything it’s doing is completely awesome!
- By the way, in order to land it, the guys at NASA launched the rover in November 2011 from Earth (a moving object), had it fly 350 million fucking miles, and hit a target moving at 11 thousand miles an hour.
- Holy. Fuck.
- Mother. Fucking. Warp. Drives.
- Hey, remember that time science photographed an actual molecule? Because they totally photographed an actual molecule.
- This video of a light photon, because we can fucking record light. And we did it in a Coke bottle, because why not?
- Scientists build indestructible containers for nuclear waste, and then hit them with trains to test them. And the trains lose.
- We found galaxies orbiting our galaxy.
- Reread that sentence, and admit it blew your mind.
- Every goddamn thing about the mantis shrimp.
- Seriously, here’s one fucking up some clam’s shit.
- The Voyager mission, which is at the fucking edge of our fucking solar system.
- Carl Sagan.
- Bill Nye. Remember his show, back in the day? He didn’t stop being awesome.
- The Mythbusters (of course I was going to include them, have you watched the show?)
- Non-Newtonian fluids, which are basically a giant middle finger to everything you learned in high school.
That’s all I’ll set forth tonight, but it should be more than enough. If you don’t think science is awesome by this point, then you don’t know what “awesome” means.
TRIGGER WARNING (violence, gore)
The government (AKP) wanted to build a shopping mall but Istanbul already has got 93 shopping malls so we’re sick of it. And they wanted to build it in taksim gezi parki. That park is really important to us it’s like Central Park in NY. They wanted to destroy our park and build a new AVM. Then out people go there to defend our park and block the government. But the police started to throw agent orange, pepper spray and hard water (firemans trucks) Lots of people died and they’re still standing there and waiting 5pm because if our war continues for 48 hours our government is going to fall. We’re walking on Atatürk’s road and we don’t want Erdogan to controle us because that’s what he’s doing. So let thw world know what the fuck is he doing to his own people and he is doing just because the defenders dont like him and dont obey him. As you can see if people dont obey him he use illegal things to torture us and he blocked the media too so when other countries are making news about us suffering in our turkish channels there’s nothing just regular things like soccer or magazine news. They blocked the phones and internet in defending places so people are stuck there without electricity and no food there are no gas masks so lots of people are poisoning and police attacks people with armed combat car and they shout like run over people so ERDOGAN= HITLER HELP US (Reblog)
Spread the word, signal boost, reblog. These people seriously need all the help they can get to let the world know what’s going on, and we’re in a position to do that.
Signal boost. Good luck, guys.
if you live in the US and have ever sent a message telling the recipient to kill themselves, you’ve committed the felony of encouraging suicide and, depending on the state’s laws (meaning, what class of felony it is), you could be looking at a fine of $25,000+ and 10+ years in prison, just for encouragement
and if they actually do it, you are legally responsible and, in some states, you can also be charged with manslaughter
do people not realize this or