Hi all. It’s been a little while, so I thought I’d let you all in on my future plans for this blog.
1) I’m going to start updating again. Regularly. I’m going to start a new project that will keep me doing that (more on that in a minute). It might take me a little to get going properly again, as I want to do some redesign stuff, but it’ll get going.
2) I’m going to put up a new theme. This one’s been okay, but…it’s time to upgrade. Keep your eyes peeled.
3) I have been photographing the shit out of things. I think Time With Tom may take a bit of a photography lean for a while, although I won’t neglect other neat things in life. I prefer to let this be organic and grow as it may.
4) I’d apologize for the hiatus, but how mad areÂ you at me? Honestly? Oh, that mad? Okay, well, sorry then. Sheesh. You could have called or something. I have a phone, you know.
5) In case you’re curious, my actions as of late have included hundreds of photographs, more short story and novel writing, and even creating mixed CDs again (which, in fact, led to a new story idea, but that’s for another time).
Okay. Enough of numbers. You might be wondering what the special project I mentioned above is, yes? Well, I will tell you: I, Tom, will be embarking on a photo-a-day project. It’s a pretty straightforward concept: one photo each day for 365 days. Every single picture will be going up over at my Flickr account, so I suggest you get yourselves ready for this.
Before you start worrying, no I do not plan to update this blog each day. I’m pretty sure I won’t have time for that. I will, however, have time for a Photo of the Week. So, in addition to getting a picture each day, I will be choosing one out of every 7 (or so) and showcasing it here, for you to see. Some will have excellent composition. Some will be funny. Some might be terrible, yet striking. Whatever I feel is the most interesting that week gets its own special post over here. Mind you, that does not necessarily mean it will be my favorite, just the most interesting.
Those are not the same thing, after all.
What matters for Time With Tom is that I am making you a promise right now that I will have another 52 posts for you. At least. Because the once-a-week will not mean that I won’t write anymore – in fact, if I know myself, you’ll get a solid amount more than 52. But, 52 is a good start.
Some of the more astute of you may realize that I am by far and away not the first person to try this. You would be correct. However, I wasn’t the first person to write a novel, either, and yet I’m all over Nano Wrimo every November. This is very much a personal challenge, and one I plan on taking very seriously (or, as seriously as I can take a project that requires the taking of pictures for a Flickr account, for showcasing on a blog). From what I’ve seen, it’s not easy to get a new picture every day. But then, it’s not easy to write 1,667 words each day, either. And yet here I am, 3 novels later.
365 pictures. 52 Time With Tom posts. You heard it here first, folks. Keep your eyes open for the first of these.